You should not miss a waffle iron when following the low-carbohydrate or keto diet. You can make delicious breakfast and lunch recipes with it. We have previously made chaffless waffles, almond flour waffles, and coconut flour waffles! Here’s another recipe: low- carb savory waffles. With a few ingredients, you can easily and quickly make these savory waffles.
Making Savory Waffles.
You can make these delicious waffles with eggs, quark, mozzarella, and coconut flour or almond flour. A delicious basic recipe with which you can vary endlessly. In this example, we added Italian herbs and served the waffles with a fried egg. Very tasty for breakfast or lunch.
Serve your waffles with a fried egg or use it as a ‘sandwich’ and cover two waffles with a savory filling of your choice. After baking, the waffles will stay good in the fridge for at least two days or longer in the freezer. I hope you like it! Check out our other keto recipes for more inspiration.
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr French cottage cheese
- 30 gr coconut flour or 50 gr almond flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 40 g grated mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your waffle iron as described in the manual. Grease the iron with a little butter or oil if necessary. Meanwhile, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Spoon the batter onto the iron and bake the waffles until golden brown. Repeat until you have baked about 5 waffles. Serve the waffles hot or cold and top with a fried egg or savory toppings if desired.
- The waffles keep well in the fridge for at least 2 days or longer in the freezer