Attention chicken curry lovers! With this recipe, you can easily make a delicious bowl of low-carb chicken curry salad. This popular salad is super tasty to eat for lunch on a sandwich or on a cracker with a drink. Ready-made chicken curry salad from the supermarket often contains little chicken and many unnecessary additives, such as sugar and preservatives. It is much healthier and tastier to make chicken curry salad yourself.
Make your own chicken curry salad
Making your own chicken curry salad is super easy. You only need 3 ingredients: chicken breast, mayonnaise, and curry. The chicken breast can be boiled and cut into cubes or pulled apart. We opted for the pulled chicken variant. This gives the salad a nice pulled pork texture. We also flavored the salad with mayonnaise, curry, bell pepper, and a little sriracha sauce. Because we have added no sugar, a serving contains only 0.8 g of carbohydrates!
This is a basic recipe for low-carb chicken curry salad. You can adjust the recipe to your own taste. For example, add extra vegetables or partially replace the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. The salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days after preparation. I hope you like it! For more inspiration, check out our other keto recipes.
- 300 gr chicken breast
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 70 ml mayonnaise
- 2 stalks spring onion
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- lemon juice to taste
- optional: 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- optional: slice of low carb chef bread
- Fill a pan with water and bring it to a boil. Add the stock cube and the chicken breasts to the boiling water and cook the chicken for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, herbs and lemon juice in a bowl. Then pull the cooked chicken breast apart to make pulled chicken.
- Stir the pulled chicken through the mayonnaise and cut the spring onion stalk into small pieces. Divide the salad between 4-6 low- carbohydrate sandwiches and garnish with the sliced spring onions and arugula.