Looking for an evening meal with a little spice? Then these low- carb burritos with spicy minced meat are definitely for you! They look festive and taste super good. We made the burritos with low-carb wraps and filled with spicy minced meat and lots of vegetables. As a result, a serving of 2 filled burritos contains only 7.8 g of carbohydrates.
We made these low-carb burritos with Atkins tortilla wraps. We chose to present the burritos nicely as stuffed dots. We did this by cutting the wraps in half and then rolling them up into dots. Then you bake the dots so that they keep their shape. This way you make eating these burritos not only tastier but also more fun. The filling is nice and spicy because of the chili powder and cayenne pepper. If you don’t like spicy food, do a little less with the minced meat mixture.
With this recipe, you can make burritos for about 3 to 4 people. You can complete the evening meal by serving it with a nice fresh salad. You can also adjust this basic recipe to your liking. You can also use chicken instead of minced meat or, for example, a vegetarian alternative. I hope you like it! For more inspiration, check out our other low- carb dinner recipes.
Low-carb burritos with minced meat
Looking for an evening meal with a little spice? Then these low- carb burritos with spicy minced meat are definitely for you! They look festive and taste super good.
- 4 low- carb wraps
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 350 gr minced beef
- 100 gr mushrooms
- 100 gr red bell pepper
- 150 gr diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic heaven or garlic powder
- 0 , 5 tl of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 , 5 tsp paprika
- 0 , 5 tl cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 g grated mozzarella
- 1 avocado
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees hot air. Cut the wraps in half and roll them up into dots. Place the dots on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Then cut the onion into rings, the mushrooms into small pieces and the bell pepper into cubes. Add the olive oil and to a large pan and fry the vegetables. Crush the garlic and add it to the pan as well.
Add the spices to the pan while baking and fry while stirring. Then put the meat in the pan and fry it until done. Finally, add the diced tomatoes and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes over a medium heat.
Spoon the minced meat mixture into the tortilla dots, place the filled dots on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle the dots with grated mozzarella. Bake the dots in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make avocado puree by dicing the avocado and tomatoes. Add this to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to form the puree.
- Then remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place the tortilla dots on a plate. Serve with some lettuce, sour cream and avocado puree. Also nice to eat the leftovers cold for lunch the next day.