To get my children to eat a healthy breakfast at home before school, I use this thick berry smoothie recipe. I always have fresh or frozen berries in the freezer, and when the boys are too hungry to wait for something hot, this is a great, healthy alternative. This berry smoothie is thick enough to feel like a meal in a glass. Here is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious berry smoothie.
- 1 1/2 cups of packed spinach
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- Add the ingredients to your blender in the order listed above.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into aglass and serve immediately